Members of Bishop’s Council are the trustees of the Diocesan Board of Finance which is a registered charity and are also its directors and members, as it is a company limited by guarantee. An Induction Pack which provides more detailed information regarding their role and responsibilities, is available for those seriously considering membership of Bishop’s Council. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The responsibilities of the Bishop’s Council are:
- to plan the business of the Diocesan Synod
- to initiate proposals for the Diocesan Synod and to advise on matters of policy
- to advise the President on any matter which he may refer to the committee
- subject to the directions of the Diocesan Synod, to transact the business of the Diocesan Synod when it is not in session
- to appoint members of committees or nominate members for election to committees subject to the directions of the Diocesan Synod
- to serve as the members, directors and charitable trustees of the Diocesan Board of Finance
- to be the Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee in accordance with all statutory requirements applicable thereto
- to carry out such other functions as the Diocesan Synod may delegate to it.
Memorandum and Articles | PDF (to be updated)