Launching 'At the Heart of Christmas'
Thursday 25 November 6.30pm
At the Heart of Christmas will be launched on social media as the Church of England premiers a Christmas film to launch the theme and the national resource available.
Churches are being invited to join in the launch of the national church's 'At the heart of Christmas' theme as a way to help generate interest around their own Advent and Christmas services and activities.
So how can you get involved:
1) Please join in from 6.45pm by sharing posts on social media channels and/or sharing an invite to your services and events on social media. Use the hashtag #AtTheHeartOfChristmas and tag @TheChurchOfEngland in your posts. Your posts will be re-shared on their social media channels from 6.45pm. As we join together on this night, we pray that communities across the nation will be inspired.
2) Decorate your social media and website. If you want to take things a step further, decorate your church's social media pages by using the free social media templates available on A Church Near You.
3) This weekend you can also start exploring the Advent Morning Prayer readings from Matthew’s Gospel. Available Monday to Saturday via the app with audio. Please sign up here.
4) Add your services and events to AChurchNearYou.com. From the beginning of Advent, the national church will be inviting the public to find a local worshipping community on A Church Near You Help people to find your services by adding them to your church site today.
5) All the campaign materials for At the Heart of Christmas are available on the www.achurchnearyou.com website including free hymns, customisable videos, social media posts, images and more. You can also create a customised Christmas giving animation using the video generator that encourages people to give to your church this Christmas.
6) We would love to hear about what you are up to in order to help share your stories.Please email us or tag us in any posts, so we can highlight the invitation being offered to people across the Diocese this year: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more here.