2022 contactless giving digital roll out
Following the successful contactless giving pilot launched in September 2021 we are delighted to announce that we have been selected to receive another 40 devices for delivery in early October.
- This time the devices available will suit churches with no Wi-Fi or mobile SIM coverage as well as those with Wi-Fi and good mobile SIM coverage, so no church is excluded from applying.
- Most contactless devices are primarily used by visitors, weddings, baptisms, special services and for events, as well as by the congregation to top up their regular giving.
Applications are now open please click here:
APPLY FOR YOUR DEVICE NOW | Parish Buying
This is a direct link to Parish Buying and includes all the information you need. Please note the applications will close on 20 July 2022.
The Parish Resources Team are here to support parishes in our diocese with income development and cost management together with ensuring that parish access to the diocesan services is co-ordinated and integrated.
As Christians we all have a responsibility to be good stewards by overseeing, managing and optimising the resources at our disposal. This responsibility stems outwards from each of us to the collective, the foundations from which well-resourced, prudent churches are built. By building supportive relationships with parishes and clergy the Resources team and diocesan staff will support parishes to encourage a generous culture and build, “Flourishing congregations, making a difference” which is one of the visible outcomes of the diocesan vision of Growing in God.
Our aim is to help our parishes access the information and resources from within and outside the diocese to:
- Reduce operating costs within our churches (insurance, utilities, fees, etc).
- Sustain and increase parish income to help support mission, ministry, and community outreach by offering a variety of ways to give for a variety of audiences (Parish Giving Scheme, online giving, contactless giving, legacies).
- Apply for grants and funding for community projects and your church buildings (urgent repairs, installation of toilets and kitchens, a re-ordering for a more community-friendly space, or conserving historic treasures).
- Maximise financial transparency (how we spend money and how much we spend).
- Develop financial controls and planning that allows us to look confidently towards the future.
- Encourage and promote a culture of generosity, including the sharing of our talents and time in our parishes, benefices, and deaneries which includes building networks across the diocese to share ideas, good news stories and good practice.
- Provide training opportunities to treasurers and other parish postholders.
Training – PCC Workshop Programme 2022
We would like to help our volunteers in parishes to feel more connected and supported by the diocese and invite you to join us for a series of topic-based zoom meetings facilitated by diocesan staff. These will be available to PCCs (treasurers, churchwardens, administrators, and clergy). Diocesan staff and parish ‘experts’ will share information and knowledge in these sessions in the format of a short presentation or Q&A format, both followed by your questions. Please book to attend these free sessions on Eventbrite here. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Podd.
- Find out more about what the Resources Team can offer by accessing the Stewardship Essentials Guide | PDF
- Find out how to do a Giving Review here and find a useful template here.
- National church webinars bookings.
|Name and email||Role||Telephone||Mobile|
|Julie Podd||Parish Resources Manager||01473 298555||07826 556186|
|Beccy Hills||Parish Grants & Funding Advisor||07702 079051|
Generosity Learning Hub | Weblink
Understanding Parish Share | Weblink
Generosity Learning Hub | Weblink
Generosity Toolkit: here
Stewardship Flourishing Congregations Making a Difference March 2021