Find a church
Chevington: All Saints
Address: Church Road Chevington Bury St Edmunds IP29 5QH
Contact: Contact Chevington: All Saints
Telephone Number: 01284 615828
Services and Events: View events on A Church Near You
All Saints’ church, a Grade 1 listed building, is situated on the edge of the village against the boundary of the National Trust’s Ickworth Park. The church building is open throughout the week for the wider community to enjoy as a place of reflection and peace.
We are an open friendly, welcoming congregation with a good atmosphere at services and strong fellowship. We seek to be a parish church for all, to promote the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ according to the doctrines and practices of the Church of England and continue to evolve as a community whilst responding to the needs of the parish and the wider world.
· We have a strong team spirit working together in various activities: church cleaning, church maintenance, fundraising, social events and seasonal decorating of the Church (Easter, Christmas, Harvest and Weddings).
· We provide pastoral care within the parish ranging from home communions to a weekly Community Coffee Club in the village hall.
· We are working hard to promote the inclusion of teenagers/young adults in all Church activities and organisation as well as developing the use of additional channels to engage further with our local community.
· Our church development plan is progressing well with the addition of a WC and running water completed this summer. Our objective is to create a space that is accessible to all for praise-filled worship, concerts, clubs and other get togethers.
· A churchyard management plan is also being drawn up to preserve the peace and tranquillity of our churchyard and encourage vital wildlife habitats for the benefit of all who use the space.
· The church is not locked and is open to all.
The Church tradition
All Saints’ maintains a liberal catholic tradition, with a weekly Sunday Eucharist Service (Common Worship). Other services are held on weekdays and festivals with the occasional Taize-style service during the year.
We enjoy a strong music tradition with Sung Eucharist accompanied either by our resident organist or our own consort of musicians and ad hoc choir.
The congregation takes an active part in all our services, including reading the Lessons, preparing Intercessions, serving, ministering the Chalice and refreshments post-Service. Services are supported by Sidesmen and Sacristan on a rota basis.
"The parish of Chevington: All Saints is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer, Liz Chapman.
The Diocese of St.Edmundsbury & Ipswich’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services."